Thursday, October 7, 2010

Apple 27-inch LED Cinema Display Review

I've wanted a higher density, more compact alternative to the 30-inch 2560 x 1600 panels that I've seen for the past 6 years. Apple was the first to intrigue me with the 27-inch iMac, however I didn't need another computer, I just wanted a monitor. Earlier this year we reviewed Dell's U2711, a 27-inch CCFL backlit LCD display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution and loved it. 

Recently Apple presented us with an alternative. An LED backlit, 27-inch Cinema Display similar to what's used in the new iMac but without the Mac part. Priced at $999 it's actually $100 cheaper than the Dell, but lacks the input flexibility of the U2711. What Apple does give you is an integrated MagSafe power adapter useful for charging your MacBook Pro in a very sleek package. But how well does it do as a monitor? Read on for our full review.
data storage storage nas storage network attached

No comments: